The Vancouver Economic Development Commission, (VEDC) in partnership with Vancouver's Business Improvement Areas (BIAs), Small Business BC, the City of Vancouver, and Western Economic Diversification Canada., produces both Commercial and Neighbourhood profiles to support and assist BIAs in:
• merchandising and marketing decisions of local small businesses;
• providing relevant market assessment information to new start-ups;
• helping businesses to evaluate the market potential of new locations;
• attracting new investment to their areas; and
• strategic planning within BIAs
The commercial area profile describes the business mix, land use, and development potential of our BIA. Data for the profile has been sourced through Small Business BC, the City of Vancouver, BC Assessment Authority, Vancouver Real Estate Board, and BIA member surveys.
The neighbourhood market profile describes the customer base of our BIA, based on the adjacent neighbourhood. Data for the profile has been sourced through Statistics Canada’s 2001 Census and Household Expenditure Surveys, BIA market surveys, the City of Vancouver, and the Vancouver Real Estate Board.