DOING BUSINESS ON THE DRIVE
The Commercial Drive Business Society represents the Commercial Drive Business Improvement Area (BIA), serving over 600 businesses and property owners in the Commercial Drive area from Adanac Street to 13th Avenue, and one block East and West of Commercial Drive.
COMMERCIAL DRIVE BUSINESS SOCIETY COMMITTEES
- Marketing Committee
- Street Enhancement
- Safety and Security
- Outreach and Advocacy
Our BIA mandate is to promote business, business development, retailing and tourism on Commercial Drive. We strive to enhance the business district through initiatives that have a positive impact on the community.
As a member service organization, we are committed to being accountable to our members. We liaise with our members through communication materials, conduct members surveys, and are available to assist members through our BIA office. Our Board of Directors and committees meet once a month, and we also hold an Annual General Meeting to meet with our membership collectively.
MARKET AREA PROFILE
Commercial Drive census data, local commercial real estate listings, Business Improvement Area and City of Vancouver data specific to the Commercial Drive Retail District can be found here.
Well known for its Italian heritage, Commercial Drive is a culturally-rich hive of activity with theatre, music, dinner, dancing, festivals and nightlife. The Drive is located in the heart of the Grandview neighbourhood, with the market area encompassing Nanaimo Street (east), East Broadway (south), Clark Drive (west) and Powell/Wall Streets (north). It is easily accessible by SkyTrain on both the Expo and Millennium Lines.
The neighbourhood is an attractive one for families with younger children, but it’s also hugely popular with students and younger workers in the creative and service industries.
The Mandate of the Commercial Drive Business Society is:
- To develop, encourage and promote business, business development, retailing and tourism in the Commercial Drive Business Area;
- To make studies of, and advance any project, plan, or improvement designed to benefit the Commercial Drive Business Area;
- To cooperate with and aid any person, body, group, or association in projects designed to benefit the Commercial Drive Business Area;
- To encourage, support, and facilitate entertainment, sports, educational, cultural activities within the Commercial Drive Business Area for the purposes of furthering the economic, commercial and social welfare of the Area;
- In Affiliation with other business improvement area associations, to promote and carry out the purposes of the Society in matters of common concern and interest;;
- To promote matters of common concern and interest to businesses and property owners in the Commercial Drive Business Area and to bring together businesses and property owners in the improvement area for fulfilling the purposes of the Society;
- To raise revenue to carry out the purposes of the Society.
Contact the Commercial Drive Society
Please use this form to send us a message.